Wednesday 17 January 2018

We love a garden wedding - this thankyou meant a lot.



We've had quite a few enquiries recently about creating Lazy Sunday style feasts for garden weddings. This makes me so happy as there is something totally unique and very very special about couples getting married and celebrating in their family homes. We've had mothers holding umbrellas over their peonies every day for a month so that they bloom at the right time; fathers frustrating overstretch tents and bar builds. And always always always these garden weddings bring us joy beyond words. I was writing to a bride this evening and wanted to put her mind at rest that our aim is not just to create awesome feasts, but also to look after all of the elements that might otherwise shift focus away from what should be the happiest of days. As I was writing, I remembered my most favourite thankyou email. Received from the father of the most gentle of brides, who stepped out of her parent's back door and into her beautiful garden wedding. I thought you might like to read this and I've removed the names to save the father's blushes!:

'Dear Carole and the Lazy Sunday team,

I want to, no need, to put pen to paper to thank each and every one of the great team you have assembled at Lazy Sunday that put yourself through the fire once more & produced what was a stunning meal on Saturday night. Tomas , Kasia, Ola and the rest of the team were professional to the core, an absolute joy to work with. Joanne and I have received very many thanks from wedding guests who thought the food was faultless. As my wife and I were heading to bed we stumbled across two of your ladies quietly working away clearing up at about 2.00 am and when I was back up I wandered into the garage and saw neat rows of carefully assembled boxes of bottles and cardboard boxes just ready to lift to the recycling centre. Such care and attention at a clients house at 2 in the morning was the tell tail sign of a well chosen, skilled and caring team. It really was a thing of beauty Thank you.
On Sunday we had the stragglers round and the talk was of how much they had enjoyed the beautiful meal. My wife and I really were able to enjoy a truly Lazy Sunday !
It is strange when you meet someone or a company for the first time and you have to entrust them with something as potentially calamitous as a wedding reception in your back garden (in Scotland); well you guys on Saturday were absolutely bullet proof. Proven talent. How much hard work , planning and attention to detail and sheer effort that went to it was plain to see to all.
You know I am very glad my wife and I had that stunning taster meal in February because as I was sitting playing with my Lamb, contemplating if my Father of the Bride speech - held together with paper and string - would 'fly' ! I watched the wave of nice warm plates carried carefully out across the 130 + guest tables I thought 'boy these guys are good'! My mouth got even dryer .......... Follow that I said to myself !
On behalf of us both a big deep sincere thank you to a great team. ''